Each year, the Aspen Skiing Company, in partnership with the Roaring Fork Valley Chambers, provides an incredible Member-to-Member discount through its Chamber Pass Program. The savings on the 2021-22 Premier Pass – which provides unlimited skiing/riding during the winter season, as well as additional summertime benefits – is $800 per pass. If your organization takes advantage of this Member-to-Member benefit, your Chamber membership more than pays for itself. This is the most widely used Chamber benefit.
Not yet a member?
Join here. It may take up to two-three business days to process your application.
Previously a member, and need to rejoin?
Please email us with your business name, and total number of FTEs. Do NOT fill out an application as it will create a duplicate account in our system. It is much faster for us to reactivate an old account.
Not sure if you have been a member before?
Call us – 970-927-4031 – and we can check our database for you!
Important Links – READ ME
Pre-verification checklist | Complete this PRIOR to starting the pass process.
Aspen Skiing Company Chamber Passes Page | Pass types, prices and fine print.
Aspen Snowmass 2021-22 Chamber Pass Program Guidelines | How the program works and the rules.
Chamber Pass Program Frequently Asked Questions | You’ve asked, we’ve answered.
Chamber Pass Program Process Explained | An outline of all four steps in the process, with screenshots
Webinar – Recorded on August 18
Our executive director explains the Chamber Pass Program, reviews the digital process, explains the annual audit requirement, and highlights best practices for a smooth experience.
Chamber Pass Program types
Super Early Pricing (through September 17, 2021)
- Premier Chamber (unlimited skiing + IKON Base pass) – $1,599 ($800 savings per pass)
- Alpine Pass 2-Day Chamber (two days to use per week) – $1,399 ($330 savings per pass)
- Alpine Pass 1-Day Chamber (single day to use per week) – $999 ($180 savings per pass)
- August 16 | Aspen Skiing Company (ASC) announces Chamber Pass Program products and prices. Super Early Pricing pass sales begin.
- August 16-26 | Basalt Chamber’s Early Action Incentive timeframe. Chamber members who opt-in for verification of eligibility will be in the drawing for a $325 credit towards next year’s membership.
- August 18 at Noon | 2021-22 ASC Chamber Pass Program Webinar
- September 10 at Noon | Final day for members to opt-in for verification of eligibility with the Chamber. This is to allow businesses enough time to complete the final two steps of the process with ASC prior to the Super Early Deadline.
- September 17 | Super Early Pricing Deadline. Members must have ordered passes through ASC AND paid for them by this date to receive the super early pricing rate.
- Snowmass: November 25
- Aspen Mountain: November 25
- Aspen Highlands: December 11
- Buttermilk: December 11
- This is an opt-in process. The chamber will not automatically assume that every member wants to participate in the program.
- Renew your membership. Failure to renew prior to the verification process will result in delays. If you are unsure of an invoice number or total amount due, please call or email. Due to the volume of transactions processed during this time, please do not call to pay by credit card. Use online payment.
- DO NOT wait until the last week! Last year many of our members who waited discovered that there was a lengthy turnaround time with the ASC portion of the process (selecting and purchasing the passes). Save yourself the stress, and take care of this early.
Chamber Pass Audit
Typically occurs in January/February
Each Chamber Pass is the property of the business that purchased it and it is the business’s responsibility to ensure that the passes purchased by the business are only being used by bona fide employees and spouses.
Aspen Skiing Company defines a bona fide employee as one who works a minimum of 20 hours a week during the winter season, receives a W2 and whose primary residence is in the Roaring Fork Valley. If an employee with a Chamber Pass resigns, is terminated or works less than the minimum requirement during the ski season, it is your responsibility to revoke the pass from that individual (and spouse) and notify Aspen Skiing Company. Revoked passes are not eligible for refunds but may be transferred to another employee (or spouse).
A random audit of businesses will be performed each year to ensure compliance with the Chamber Pass Program. Businesses that do not submit information at the request of the Chamber or are found to be in noncompliance will incur a fee. Each noncompliant pass must be upgraded to an individual pass at the regular pricing season (which could be a charge the difference of $1,300 for the Premier Pass). Businesses could also have all passes suspended for the duration of the season and/or be ineligible to participate in the Chamber Pass Program in subsequent years. Businesses not in compliance will be audited again the following year.
If chosen to be part of the audit you will need to provide one of the following documents as verification for each employee in question in the time frame indicated by the Chamber of Commerce:
- A copy of the fourth quarter Colorado State Unemployment report: Form UITR-1.
- If you are a Partnership or S-Corporation: Provide schedule K and individual partners’ schedule K-1 from the federal tax return, Form 1065.
- If you are a sole proprietor: Provide schedule C from your tax return, Form 1040.
- In lieu of a partnership K-1, S-Corporation or Individual Schedule C, a signed affidavit by an independent CPA including verification of compliance with the program guidelines listed above will be accepted for proprietors, partners or corporations only.
If chosen to be part of the audit you will need to provide one of the following documents as verification for each spouse in question in the time frame indicated by the Chamber of Commerce:
- Marriage License
- Civil Union License
- State of Colorado Affidavit of Common Law Marriage that is registered with the county
HELPFUL HINTS FOR THE AUDIT PROCESS:
Documentation: Make sure you can provide the correct documentation for your employees and spouses before you issue them a discount chamber pass voucher.
Keep track of your vouchers: It is the responsibility of the business to keep a record of recipients of the chamber discount pass vouchers. We suggest you keep a spreadsheet of all the voucher numbers and the corresponding name of the employee or spouse.