An Investment in Your Business
As a member of the Basalt Chamber of Commerce, you have made an investment in the future of your business, employees, and your community. Moreover, you are opening yourself to a world of useful and valuable benefits. The Chamber is an extension of your business – we are able to help you do what you don’t have time to do – lobbying the our state representatives and senators on your behalf.
The Basalt Chamber of Commerce represents our members by being the voice of business at all levels of government, whether it is at a Basalt Town Council meeting, a concern with the Governor’s Office, or even escalating telecommunications issues to the FCC. We also work in partnership with other Chambers (both in the valley and across the state), non-partisan groups and nonprofits to make a positive difference in our community. Advocacy topics include addressing the high cost of health care, workforce issues (recruitment and retention), affordable housing and broadband access. Learn more about our latest advocacy efforts.
Have a concern or issue that is affecting your organization? Please let us know.
Networking and lead generation
Among the most valuable benefits of Chamber membership are the networking, community-building and extra visibility that you and your business enjoy.
- Take advantage of our Business After Hours (BAH) – quarterly on the 3rd Thursday of the second month.
- Hosting a BAH – engage with the entire Basalt Chamber membership, and showcase your business and location. This is also a great opportunity to invite your clients.
- Display your business cards and brochures in the Caboose/Visitor Center (members only).
- Enjoy members-only referrals from the Chamber for all business inquiries.
- Serve on a Chamber committee that best matches your business and marketing goals. Not only will you have an impact on the Chamber, you will be serving with others leaders in our community.
- Sponsor Chamber events that align with your business, target audience, mission and vision.
- Enjoy preferred member pricing for educational workshops and seminars offered by the Basalt Chamber and our educational partners.
- FREE Business Counseling to all Basalt Chamber Members from the Small Business Development Center. Contact the Chamber for details.
Exclusive Advertising Opportunties
Basalt Chamber website and Facebook page
- Enhanced business web listing, search description, logo, photo gallery, video opportunity and more
- Banner advertising opportunities available on select pages. Contact Kris directly for details.
- Post your news and events on the Basalt Chamber of Commerce’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/BasaltChamberofCommerce
- One complimentary ad per quarter in the Chamber’s weekly newsletter (sent Thursdays). Content is due the Friday beforehand (5 business days) Ad specs: 1500 x 1050 pixels, 200 dpi minimum, submitted in jpeg or PDF format. Small ad example | Large ad example. More details here.
- Additional weekly newsletter ad packages starting at $25 each.
- Members-only customized email newsletter starting at $125 per email campaign.
Discover Basalt magazine
- Preferred pricing is provided to our members for their loyalty in supporting our annual magazine. In addition, Chamber member advertisers are able to secure special rates with The Aspen Times for the year following their magazine commitment.
Member to Member Advertising Benefits
- Aspen Daily News – discounted advertising | Contact Max Vadnais 925-2220, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Aspen Times – discounted advertising | Buy two quarter page ads, get one free. Also receive up to 4 ads at the non-profit rate for 1 month. Contact Beth Albert at (970) 925-3414 or email@example.com.
- Always Mountain Time Radio. Receive a matching BONUS ad schedule with your first advertising purchase on any of our local stations: KSPN, KNFO, The LIFT FM, La Nueva Mix and Ski Country. Contact Terry Mathis for details: (970) 925-5776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- KDNK – Receive more for your underwriting opportunities: 20% off entire price of agreement for first-time underwriters/advertisers. Contact Greg Albrecht for details: (970) 963-0139
- Western Slope Communications – Receive a 10% discount with any of the Western Slope Communications radio stations: Drive 105, The Range, The River, and two ESPN stations– all of which reach the entire western slope of Colorado. Contact Lori Duffy for details: (970) 241-6460.
Cooperative advertising opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in co-op advertising when available. Previous opportunities have included EAT and The Collection, published by The Aspen Times.
Traditional (postal) mailings
- Members may receive the Chamber’s mailing list in label format for $50. (minimum 72-hour notice please) Non-member price is $200.
- Use the Chamber’s USPS mail permit for discounts on bulk mailings for $25 – generally a 20%-30% savings using USPS Form 3602-EZ. Visit www.usps.com for details.
- RFTA discounted Zone Bus Passes through RFTA. Contact Laura Mattson at RFTA at 970-384-4957. I
- Aspen Skiing Company– discounted for any eligible employee working 20+ hours during ski season!
- Basalt Printing – Special 10 punch pass for Chamber members offering 15% off digital prints and 10% off printing cards. Contact Cali for details: (970) 927-4705.
- Bay Equity Home Loans – $500 closing cost credit to be applied at closing. Contact Katie Erickson at 970-279-7099 for details.
- Jimbo’s Liquors – Members hosting a company-sponsored event (including Business After Hours) can take advantage of the following. Contact Gonzo Mirich for details.
- Free quote on product selection & quantities
- Specialty cocktail options
- Free delivery and pick-up
- Only pay for product you use (unopened product can be returned)
- 15% discount on wine, liquor, ice and non-alcoholic beverages
- 10% discount on beer
- NOT VALID ON PERSONAL PURCHASE
- TAC Fit Membership – 10% discount for all Basalt Chamber Members to the Fitness Center.
To submit a discount for your business and for more information, contact email@example.com