Become a participating WNL business
What is Wednesday Night Live?
Wednesday Night Live features live entertainment (street performers) strategically placed all around Basalt in Historic Downtown and Willits to create additional vibrancy around town. The Chamber is highlighting this as an opportunity for businesses to get involved, putting their own spin on the scheduled evenings and making it their own. Envision Small Business Saturday, but during the week and much warmer. Similarly, many businesses in Historic Downtown have special hours during the Basalt Sunday Market dates because of the audience the weekly event draws. This is our goal for Wednesday Night Live 2021.
Opening our doors
The Chamber will be advertising Wednesday Night Live as well as promoting participating Chamber businesses who will be opening their doors during the series. We need you to give potential customers a reason to show up and support your business.
A few ideas for businesses :
- Stay open longer to encourage “late night” shopping
- Host a local art exhibit/artist
- Provide in-store entertainment
- Promote a sidewalk sale
- Coordinate with other businesses to have a Basalt-wide scavenger hunt
- Create a Basalt Business Bingo card to encourage people to come back week after week
- Leverage the many bike trail loops and create a DIY Tour de Basalt, complete with cue cards
- Decorate your windows or do chalk art outside
- Host an engaging activity outside (e.g. yoga in the park)
- Have a guest bartender / chef that evening
- Highlight a special such as a unique dining experience (prix fixe menu, dinner), a speciality cocktail, or bottled wine promotion
- Host an Open House for your non-profit and recruit volunteers
While this isn’t Small Business Saturday, many of those ideas could easily be repurposed for Wednesday Night Live:
NOTE: As an offshoot of Small Business Saturday, American Express has launched Stand for Small, to help businesses during this crisis. There is also a Shop Small toolkit.
How Do I Advertise?
- Share the Wednesday Night Live Facebook events [Link to come] via your organization’s Facebook page (Instructions). All dates will be available through the Basalt Chamber’s page and TACAW’s page.
- Post your WLN happenings on the Chamber’s Calendar of Events. Members – manage your events posts directly through the Membership portal. This will allow you to update them over time. Instructions.
- Update your information in popular directories like Google My Business, Facebook and your website. Your Google My Business listing is of the utmost importance—take the time to optimize it.
- Talk to people. Put a sign up in your business. Get excited.
- Coming soon! The Chamber is working with local newspapers on discounted advertising opportunties.
How Do I Opt-In?
Fill out the form below. After submission, the chamber will add your details to a larger list of participants. If you have any questions or issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chamber will work on promoting and marketing Wednesday Night Live as a whole, and businesses can opt-in to participate.
Important – Repetition is key
As many Historic Downtown retailers can attest with the Basalt Sunday Market, repetition and consistency is key, as well as patience. This is the first time we are doing an event like this, so it will take time to get people used to what Wednesday Night Live is all about.
With the current physical distancing restrictions in place, people are more eager than ever do so SOMETHING active, outdoors and social (while being safe). This is a great opportunity for our businesses to bring something fun to our community.